Sunday, October 30, 2016

Ottobre Lampi Jeggings with Jalie Dolman

Jalie Dolman Top 3352
Size T
Alterations:  Added 7 inches to the length

Ottobre Lampi Jeggings 5/2014-13
Size 36


I love the Jalie Dolman top.  I have made it several times for me and my girls.  I love that it comes in multiple sizes to accommodate all of us.  As my girls grow, I just trace the next size.  The shirt is so easy to make and looks different depending on your fabric choice.  For this tunic, I used a gray rayon knit from Joann's.  


I decided after making my jeggings that I wanted a tunic top to wear with them.  I wanted one that would fit me as good as the Jalie Dolman, so it occurred to me to just add some length.  Two hours later I had a new top.  Both sides of the fabric were not quite the same.  One side side was a little darker, which I used for the neck band.  To lengthen, I started at the pattern notch and gradually took my width out to 1/2" at the hemline.


I have wanted to make these jeggings ever since I received the 2014 Ottobre issue.  What was holding me back?  I could not find the right type of fabric I wanted to make them in.  Then one day while shopping Fabric.com, I came upon Telio Bailey Knit Black fabric.  It is medium/heavy weight and absolutely perfect for jeggings!


I used my cover stitch machine to do all top stitching, with the exception of the back pockets, coin pocket, and the single line of stitching on the outer side seam.  I wanted to be sure not to compromise any stretch the fabric would have.


I really like my outfit.  I have never owned a pair of jeggings until now.  One pair of jeggings will be sufficient for my needs, but I will definitely be adding many more Dolman tunics to my wardrobe.

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

12 comments:

  1. Really cute Shirley! I love the whole outfit and boots, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justine! I just got my boots at JC Penny. I was about to give up on finding a pair of gray boots. Of course I find them when going shopping with my girls and totally not planning on shoe shopping. LOL

      Delete
  2. WOW! You did it, Shirley! Very nice jeggins, I especially LOVE the topstitching. I think it's a perfect job. I am so jealous you, because I would like to go to Joann:)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eli! I never thought about using my coverstitch to do top stitching, but it made it really easy. Mine and one of my daughter's dream trips would be to go fabric shopping in Japan!

      Delete
  3. Your outfit is very cute, and may I just say; your hair looks GORGEOUS in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolyn! I had a little help with the wind that day blowing my hair around. :)

      Delete
  4. Looking good, Shirley. Love this outfit on you, boots and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I love when fall comes around because I would rather be in boots than any other shoe.

      Delete
  5. Wait, you actually had to add inches to a pattern? hahaha. I love this outfit. I've never been able to get that Jalie dolman to work for me so I'm jealous. Those jeggings are awesome and thank you for letting me know what fabric they were; I hope to order some after xmas.

    I wonder where Ottobre gets their pattern names from? "Lampi" is hideous! lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha Yes! I think this is the first time I have added inches to a pattern! And you made me google the Lampi meaning. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!