Thursday, October 20, 2016

Some Favorites Sewn Up Again

McCall's Top 7247
Ottobre Mini Skirt 5/2016


Top blogged previously here.
Skirt blogged previously here.


I did a couple of things differently this time.  I tacked the shirt down within the overlapped seam in a couple of places so the wind won't blow it open.

Also, last time I took 2 inches off the skirt length after I had made it.  This time I altered the pattern.  It does make a difference sometimes how you alter length.  If you take it off at the hem, you might alter dimensions width wise, especially with the way this skirt vents open.


This blouse fabric is the exact fabric on the McCall's pattern--how lucky is that!  I bought it not even knowing.  Then when I was going through my patterns to select a blouse, it occurred to me that I had that same fabric.  How could I not make it in this blouse!  Besides, I really love my first version of it.


This is definitely my kind of outfit.  It is so comfortable and perfect for fall and winter.  Warm enough to venture outside, but not so hot that you will bake indoors.


I made my slip not necklace too. I found a video online and was finished in minutes.

***

Here is another pair of jeans for my son, previously blogged here.  These are Ottobre's Hi-hat pants.  I have made these several times.


This time I left off all pocket flaps, used a different pocket for the backside from another pattern I made for my son, as well as adding an outer side pocket for his phone.


I used a lot of bar tacks for design.  The copper jeans top stitching thread looks fabulous with the dark brown denim.  The fabric is heavy weight, so rather stiff looking at the moment.  Until cooler weather, I will keep these jeans in the laundry room and wash with every load of jeans and towels in hopes to soften them up.


I made these in a 170, so they are a little big with this pattern.  But, this will ensure (hopefully) they will fit throughout winter.


***

Here is a skirt I made a few months ago.  This is Paprika's Jade skirt--Love!

It is fully lined and the front side has fabric folds making it a very stylish-looking skirt.  I will definitely be making more Jade skirts in other colors.



Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous collection of things you've made! I LOVE both the skirts, both are interesting in their own right, and great useful colours to go with everything. I'm going to look out the pattern you used for the first one! And those jeans are super cool. The pockets and placement is perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! After seeing your Jade skirt, I couldn't wait to get my hands on one of my own. I want to make it in another color soon. I seem to be gravitating towards grays and blacks.

      Delete
  2. Very cute outfits! I didn't check the top pattetn, but I will add to my wish list. I love the quilted skirt too, it looks warm and lovely. They are pretty good for cold wether:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eli! Now if only the Oklahoma weather will cooperate and get cold so I can start dressing like it is actually fall here!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!