Monday, February 13, 2017

Another Aldaia Dress

Pauline Alice Aldaia Dress
View C
Size 38 Bodice, Size 40 Skirt

Alterations:  I used a neckband in place of the bodice facings.


This is another Aldaia dress.  I love this one just as much as the first one I made.  They look so different from each other that you might not even think that it was from the same pattern!

My fabric is so busy, making it really hard to see the 6 gores in the skirt, so I am holding them out to show the lovely fullness you achieve with this version.


I really was intrigued by the pattern's use of a facing for the neckline, which would make for a nice clean finish.  Unfortunately, my very stretchy fabric made this difficult for me to achieve.  The front side of my bodice kind of rolled forward exposing my understitching.  I ended up cutting off the facing and attaching a band as you would for a t-shirt.  Sometimes you have to make a quick fix in order to salvage your project from the recycle bin!  I have no doubt that with the right fabric choice, this would have had better results.


I purchased my fabric from Joann's.

**

Next are a couple of shirts I made using Jalie's 2805 t-shirt pattern.  Pure love!!  If you don't have this pattern, I highly recommend it.  

Alterations:  Lowered neckline, 1/2 inch swayback adjustment, and forward shoulder adjustment.





Fabric purchased from Knitpop.

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

7 comments:

  1. Cute dress! It reminds me a bit of the Jalie Anne Marie dress. The t shirts look great, too! I need to try more Jalie patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justine! I was wondering if it was like the Jalie dress, but I still want it since it will have the sizes for my girls too.

      Delete
  2. Cute cute cute! I really love this dress! I will add this pattern to my wish list. These tops too. Thank you for sharing Shirley:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really impressed with this pattern. I still want to try the other version of this dress. I did in a muslin to determine my size, but since it was sewn up, I didn't want to do it again and jumped on the next version! ha ha

      Delete
  3. Nice job! :-) I like the way the dress came out. It fits you like a glove! Love the t-shirt with the elephant print. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take all three of these please. You can just mail them up :P
    There is something so beautiful and timeless about a circle skirt dress. It looks fantastic on you! And I really love the elephants and stripe tops - they are my style to a T!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!