Pauline Alice Aldaia Dress
Size 38 Bodice, Size 40 Skirt
Alterations: I used a neckband in place of the bodice facings.
This is another Aldaia dress. I love this one just as much as the first one I made. They look so different from each other that you might not even think that it was from the same pattern!
My fabric is so busy, making it really hard to see the 6 gores in the skirt, so I am holding them out to show the lovely fullness you achieve with this version.
I really was intrigued by the pattern's use of a facing for the neckline, which would make for a nice clean finish. Unfortunately, my very stretchy fabric made this difficult for me to achieve. The front side of my bodice kind of rolled forward exposing my understitching. I ended up cutting off the facing and attaching a band as you would for a t-shirt. Sometimes you have to make a quick fix in order to salvage your project from the recycle bin! I have no doubt that with the right fabric choice, this would have had better results.
I purchased my fabric from Joann's.
Next are a couple of shirts I made using Jalie's 2805 t-shirt pattern. Pure love!! If you don't have this pattern, I highly recommend it.
Alterations: Lowered neckline, 1/2 inch swayback adjustment, and forward shoulder adjustment.
Fabric purchased from Knitpop.
Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley