Closet Case Patterns
I'm feeling summer....well, at least a few times a week before it acts like winter again. I had to wait a day for the wind to die down before I could step outside and get pictures. It was slightly breezy and 60 here today in Oklahoma.
I'm really happy with the results of this pattern. I made a size 6 based on my bust measurement. As per the instructions, I did not grade out larger for my hips since there is plenty of ease built into the pattern. I think it said if you are only off by one or two sizes you can get away with sewing it up based on your bust size. Nice!
(Hey, finally a dress that matches my orange Sketcher sandals)
I did my usual swayback adjustment of 1/2 inch. I also shortened the dress by 1 inch. Normally I have to shorten patterns by 2 to 3 inches, but since the side seam ends higher up the leg, I kept it longer on me. I also removed 1.5 inches off the bottom back piece. Otherwise, the back hem would have been past my knee area. There is quite a difference between the front and back hem, which is great for longer legs....me, not so much! ha ha
The dress looks beautiful inside and out. The yoke (cut out twice) encloses the seam where the back dress is attached. Also, shoulder seams are enclosed with the burrito technique. I flat felled the side seams so they would have a neat finish too. Bias binding is used at the hem. The back pleat can be inverted if you choose. The instructions are great and easy to follow, including those for the collar. If you are more of a visual person, there is a sew along on the pattern website.
My fabric is very thin, so I have to wear a slip underneath. I forget where I purchased this fabric, but I remember it was on clearance for less than $4 a yard, making this a very inexpensive dress!
There is also a pocket, but it blends in so well you can barely see it.
Thanks for stopping by!